This training provides an introduction to the foundational leadership practices and principles of community organizing that have made it an effective means of bringing about social change. This training is based on the 70+ years of experience of the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in uniting communities to take action that makes a difference on issues that matter.
This training focuses on topics such as:
- The practices of relationships based leadership
- Power - how to understand and exercise power with instead of power over
- How to listen to a community for action
- Breaking down complex social problems into actionable issues
- Power Analysis, Action and Negotiations for Social Change
This training is taught by the Calgary Alliance’s Organizers along with community leaders who bring their experience in winning on issues that will have approximately $5 billion of social impact.
Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
9:00 AM (All Day)
Temple B'nai Tivkah
900 47 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2S 3C8
Tickets: SOLD OUT- Tickets are at cost for members and $100 for non-members (if you or your organization joins the Calgary Alliance, this fee can go towards your membership). Bursaries are available for anyone for whom the cost is a barrier.
900 47 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2S 3C8
Google map and directions