This training provides an introduction to the foundational leadership practices and principles of community organizing that have made it an effective means of bringing about social change. This training is based on the 70+ years of experience of the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in uniting communities to take action that makes a difference on issues that matter.
This training focuses on topics such as:
- The practices of relationships based leadership
- Power - how to understand and exercise power with instead of power over
- How to listen to a community for action
- Breaking down complex social problems into actionable issues
- Power Analysis, Action and Negotiations for Social Change
This training is taught by the Calgary Alliance’s Organizers along with community leaders who bring their experience in winning on issues that will have approximately $5 billion of social impact.
Saturday, October 21st, 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Sunday, October 22nd, 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Tickets: Tickets are at cost for members and $100 for non-members (if you or your organization joins the Calgary Alliance, this fee can go towards your membership). Bursaries are available for anyone for whom the cost is a barrier. Purchase your ticket here. Below is the form for bursary rsvps.
5112 3 St SE
Calgary, AB T2H 1J6
Google map and directions