Call for mental health supports in schools
A sample letter can be download here to send to your MLA.
Talking points if you choose to call your MLA can be found below.
The link to sign our petition to the Alberta Government can be found here.
Your local Calgary MLA contact information can be download here.
Not sure who your MLA is? Use this link.
Phone Call Talking Points:
1. Express concern over cuts to school student service employees at a time when students with learning needs require extra emotional and social support. Tell your MLA you expect the government to keep their promise and reinstate education support workers as soon as possible.
2. Express your support for a mental health professional in every elementary school. You can provide the following reasons:
- To make sure every student, moving forward, has equal access to proper mental health care and doesn’t fall in the cracks of the system.
- To coordinate community mental health programs for the benefit of families as well as students.
- To make sure teachers and staff receive proper care and training as they deal with the demands of growing healthy and vibrant minds in our children.