Why Become a Member
- Impact: The Calgary Alliance for the Common Good is a vehicle by which its members join together so that they can have the collective power to have an impact on issues facing Calgarians and the power to shape the future direction of Calgary and Alberta.
- Development: Members have the opportunity to exercise and develop their leadership skills for public life.
- Expert Training: Members of the Alliance have access to the Industrial Areas Foundation’s world-class leadership training institutes.
- Capacity Building: The Calgary Alliance for the Common Good’s works with members to strengthen their organization and communities by surfacing and developing leaders who can apply community organizing skills in their contexts.
- Community Connection: CACG provides opportunities to build relationships, communicate, and collaborate with community leaders from across the diversity of our city.
- Leadership: Members participate in making decisions, defining the direction and setting the priorities for the Alliance.
The membership of the Alliance is made up of organizations throughout Calgary. Learn more about our member institutions here.
Organizational Membership: How Your Organization Can Become a Member
To become a member:
- Make a formal decision to join inside your organization.
- Appoints either a leader or a team of leaders who will connect their organization to the work of CACG.
- Make a “fair share” financial dues commitment to sustain the work of the Alliance based on the size and scope of the organization.
If you are interested in having your organization become a member of the Calgary Alliance for the Common Good please contact our lead organizer, Ryan Andersen, at [email protected].
Individuals: How You Can Become a Member - Calgarians for the Common Good
The Calgary Alliance for the Common Good is made up of institutions from all across Calgary that have joined together to have an impact on issues facing our city. If you are not part of one of the institutions of the Calgary Alliance you can still join us in the work of the alliance as a member of Calgarians for the Common Good.
Here are some ways that you can be involved:
- Creating Change: Bringing about change in the city through Calgary Alliance’s campaigns.
- Leadership Development: Developing your individual leadership skills through training and opportunities to build your abilities as a leader.
- Connection to Community: Connecting with other Calgarians, the institutions of the Alliance and your neighbours who are interested in working together for the common good.
- Be Part of the Change: Partnering with other Alliance members to set direction and priorities for Calgary Alliance.
Sign up or renew here: