During the fall of 2019, as city council considered cuts to community services and the low-income transit pass, we mobilized. The result was that we preserved the low-income transit pass and changed the conversation at City Hall.
Here is some of the press our campaign received.
- 660 news, ‘Rally held as council debates low-income transit passes,’ by Saif Kaiser, Nov. 25, 2019.
- CBC Calgary, ‘Protesters oppose possible 250% price hike to low-income transit pass’ by Drew Anderson/Dave Gilson, published on Nov. 25, 2019.
- CITY TV, ’Fighting to save city services,’ published on Nov. 25, 2019
- CTV Calgary, TV clip with Chris Ep reporting, published on Nov. 25, 2019.
- The Star Calgary, ‘Nenshi says calls to reconsider Calgary arena deal is distracting as tough budget talks begin,’ by Madeline Smith, published on Nov. 25, 2019.
- Calgary Herald, Advocacy groups, residents vent their frustrations as city budget debate begins, by Meghan Potkins. Published on Nov. 25, 2019.
- CTV, ‘City budget deal means each household will pay about $10 a month more in residential taxes,’ by Stephanie Thomas. Published on Nov. 29, 2019.